Francis Okaroh's Ultimate Soccer Academy - Summer Camp
Francis Okaroh's Ultimate Soccer Academy offers top-notch instruction from experienced coaches and players. Athletes of all ages, whether just learning the game or considering college play, will benefit from this program. The goal of our staff is to help each athlete improve his or her physical and mental performance. Game Intelligence is key. Technical and tactical aspects of the game will be developed through video, discussion, and coaching sessions, small sided games, and full field competition. The academy also emphasizes motivation, self-discipline, and teamwork.
Francis Okaroh's Ultimate Soccer Academy. is fun, challenging, learning resource for players at every level. Members of college soccer teams will be present at all sessions and will interact closely with the campers throughout the week. In addition to the coaching staff, the camp may feature guest appearances from professional players and/or college stand-outs; schedules permitting.
The Summer Camps are held at the New Hampton School 70 Main Street, New Hampton New Hampshire 03256.
A non refundable deposit of $500 is required. The deposit goes up from May onward.
Check-in time for week campers: Sunday between noon and 1:00pm – eat beforehand or get something after registering at Subway (down the street)- first meal is dinner. Do not arrive early because another camp will be checking out and we cannot allow campers in the dorms earlier.
(directions are available at www.okarohsocceracademy.com)
Parents are invited to attend final matches Friday at 1:00pm
Check-out time: Friday before 2:30pm
Specialized Weekend training: Check-in 5 pm Thursday night
Six Training Sessions
Starts Thursday 6:00pm
Ends Sunday 11:00am
Each Camper will receive:
- Soccer Ball
- 2 Camp T-shirts
- Soccer Shorts
Daily Schedule- Week Campers
- 7:30 a.m. - Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - Morning Session
- 11:45 a.m. - Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. - Rest in room
- 1:45 p.m. - Warm-up, Touch Drills
- 2:00 p.m. - Afternoon Session
- 4:30 p.m. - End of Practice Sessions
- 5:00 p.m. - Dinner
Items to pack:
- Bedding- either a sleeping bag or sheets for a twin bed and a pillow
- Sunblock/bug spray
- Alarm clock
- Toiletries- shampoo, soap, toothbrush etc.
- Towels for showering
- Laundry detergent to wash clothes-machines available (bring money- counselors will be available to help)
- Water bottle
- Clothes for in between sessions and night time
- Extra soccer socks (white)
10. Rain gear- we play in all weather- Bring sneakers or indoor shoes in case we have to go inside the gym due to thunder and lightening
***If you have extra Okaroh shirts, bring them to wear!
*** If you haven’t already, please remember to bring the remainder of your fee and the Academy Medical Form/Updated Physical (download available on the camp website)
Goal Keeper Training
Specialized goalkeeper training will be conducted during the week. Qualified staff members will introduce basic goalkeeper techniques as well as provide match time experience. Goalkeepers will fine tune their technique while developing a better tactical understanding of their position. Goalkeeper evaluations will be provided to each participant at the end of the week .
Campers rave about this and fondly call it the "Bobsicle". Players get speed training, agilities using hurdles, flags, ladders, rings, etc. Increased fitness and stamina was increased as they progressed daily through various stages.
Teams at Camp
We encourage teams of all ages to attend New Hampton U.S.A. Teams will stay together and be trained as a unit whenever possible. This allows the opportunity for teams to gain experience and skill at playing together prior to their fall season. Team discounts are available.
- This is an excellent preseason training opportunity for your team.
- Team members will be practicing together during the camp.
- At the end of each day teams will be competing against each other.
- Each night there will be video analysis of team match play.
- Team coaches are welcome to observe - please register if you wish to board with the team.
- Campers who wish to stay two weeks please call or e-mail Francis Okaroh for details.
Qualified athletic trainers will be on duty throughout the duration of the camp to care for minor injuries, sickness, and to ensure that all campers receive proper hydration. Adult Staff Members will also reside in the dorms during the week to care for the athletes. Health forms are included in the registration packet and must be properly completed and submitted.
Meals and Lodging
Players and coaches are housed in dormitories on the New Hampton School campus and utilize campus dining facilities. Please indicate on the application your roommate preference and every effort will be made to accommodate your request. Dormitory supervision will be provided by our adult staff members 24 hours a day.
- Each Camper will receive:
- Soccer Ball
- 2 Camp T-Shirts
- Soccer short
- Individual Instruction
- Instruction from quality coaches and staff.
- Tennis Courts next to dorms.
- Guest appearances from professional players subject to availability and scheduling.
Francis Okaroh's Ultimate Soccer Academy offers a spring soccer camp, held during school vacation week in Medfield MA, multiple summer soccer camps at the New Hampton School in scenic New Hampton NH, and a Junior Soccer Academy with fall and winter sessions at the Boston University Track and Tennis Center. In addition they offer year round individual and team soccer training.